How to Download Ebook files
PLEASE NOTE! If you do not receive the email within 2 hours of ordering with download instructions, please check your spam folder.
You will receive your ebook(s) as a zipped file. Most computers will unzip a file when it is double-clicked.
If you do not have an unzipping utility on your computer, you can download a free one here. Stuffit Expander for Mac and PC
File Format Help:
PDF Format – This format is the best for viewing on your computer or if you want to print out the book. You will need the Adobe PDF Reader which can be downloaded from Adobe here
EPub Format – This is format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple Ipad/Itouch/Iphone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions.
To Add a book to your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. In addition make sure you have the iBooks app installed (available free from Apple).
- Download the Epub file with your computer – using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library—it should go into the books folder.
- Select your iPad in the devices dialogue on the left hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
- Turn your Kindle on.
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle.
- Drag and drop the “.mobi” Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle.
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, “Safely Remove Mass Storage Device” (Windows) or “Eject” (Mac) the Kindle from your computer.
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle. The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library.
Please note: Although the .mobi file will work on the Kindle, it will not work on the Kindle app for iPad or iPhone. To view the book on the iPad or iPhone, follow the instructions above for viewing a book on an IPhone or iPad.
Barnes and Noble Nook
- Connect your Nook to your PC or Mac using a USB cable. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, read the USB onnectivity section in the Nook User Manual.
- Once Nook is connected to the computer, you will see a series of folders: “my documents,” “my music,” “my screensavers,” etc.
- Copy the .epub file you downloaded to the “my documents” folder on your Nook.
- When the .epub file has been copied and is visible in the “my documents” folder on your Nook, use your computer to unmount or eject your Nook before disconnecting the USB cable.
- After disconnecting, tap “my library” on the Nook’s touchscreen and select “View My Documents” to open and read your ebook.
- Connect your Sony Reader to your PC or Mac using the USB cable. If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, read the Transferring Content section of the User’s Guide.
- Once the Sony Reader is connected to your computer, you can use the Sony Reader Library software to transfer the file on to your Reader.
- When the .epub file has been copied, use your computer to unmount or eject your Sony Reader before disconnecting the USB cable.